Thank you for your interest in the Sisterhood For Good. We are always looking for organizations and programs throughout the Sarasota-Manatee area that need help. The Organization must have a location in Manatee and/or Sarasota County.
To apply for a one-time grant, please submit the completed grant application form that summarizes your non-profit and illustrates how a grant from Sisterhood For Good will make an immediate, direct impact to a specific project or cause. You will also need to provide proof of your 501(c)(3) status.
The grant application period runs from January 1st and the deadline for grant submissions is the last Friday in April of each calendar year. A grant review committee will thoroughly evaluate all applications for consideration. Qualifying non-profits selected to receive grants will be presented with the allotted funds in June of each calendar year.
Sisterhood For Good accepts unsolicited proposals for a variety of programs and causes. However, we do not provide grants to support:
- Capital campaigns
- Operational funding
- Capital assets / Facility improvements (only assets that would be allowed would be for the use in a program related to grant request)
- Event fundraisers or sponsorships
- Lobbying of any kind
- Grants will not exceed $5,000 and most grants average $1,500 to $2,500.
- If you have received a grant for the two previous consecutive years in a row, we ask that you take a break and, please apply again the following year to allow opportunities to other organizations. We appreciate your understanding.
- If your qualified application is received by March 15th, then your organization will be included in a drawing for which 6 organizations will be selected to present to the Sisterhood For Good membership at our Annual Spring Meeting in May.
- SFG will hold a “Grant Applicant Expo” in May for all qualified applicants to attend and showcase their organization for the Sisterhood For Good membership prior to the full membership vote.
- Applicants may bring materials, pop-up and/or table displays, tablecloth.
- SFG will provide a table and two chairs per organization. Date and time info will be forwarded.
- Please provide information in the message box as to how else Sisterhood For Good could provide assistance for a particular event or program.
- SFG reserves the right to request documentation in support of the expenditures for the amount granted.
For information about applying for a Grant, contact us at Grants@sfgflorida.org or FOLLOW THE STEPS BELOW.